Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finding God: Part 1

  "All things in His hands"

This past week I took a trip down with my family to Destin, Florida to spend some time on the beach. But got more than I bargained for...well sorta.

I learned this week that God really is everywhere. Not only is he in the faces of fellow brothers and sisters (and all created things) but he is in all that goes on.

 "Good" and "bad."

I don't mean that he is evil, but only that we could possibly be mistaken on what is "bad."

God promised in scriptures that he would care for us.


Almost every Christian can quote  (or at least knows) the following:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


Have you ever meditated on this verse?  Many know this verse is true. Others just quote it. 

How about this one?

"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Luke 11:11


This past week..or more likely this past month. I've been thinking about this thought. 


We ask God to make us like his son, to cleanse us from sin, and  to enter our lives. Do we really know the cost though?  


To me it has meant leaving the things I see as "right" or "wrong" behind. I don't mean those things I know God called me  out of..like sins.  Only that  I start realizing that he placed me in the place He saw as the best to change who I am. 


Many non-believers ask when things like 9-11, Katrina, and Columbine happen: If God is so loving, why does he allow these things to happen? 


God knows what to do. He does not have to explain himself to anyone.


It is for HIS glory that the whole earth shakes. I believe the verse that He does have plans for us. 


I believe maybe one day we may get to see it. When we do we can marvel at the glory of the Creator who holds the whole world in His Mighty hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment