Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometimes it's just another day

 Ever feel that "it's just another day" feeling? I believe some do at least, including me. But the truth is...IT IS NOT! This day was created for a purpose. Pretty obvious. But not everyone feels like it is all that important. Let me illustrate my point a little:

For two days now I have been waking up at 3:30. No real explanation, no alarm. Yesterday I woke up and fell back to sleep ten minutes later. Didn't think too much on it till about 2:00 yesterday when a text from our Africa travelers came out. People had gotten evicted from their homes and people who the RCV knew got shot. Not our travelers, but family members of people who were part of the church over there. We prayed for everyone  that was affected yesterday, but I could not help but realize that I was awakened that morning 10:30 am Africa time. It was no accident. 

Each day has a purpose. Each person we meet is special to the Father, no matter who they are. EVERYONE. Period. This day we are given is for the glorification of the one who sent his son to die for us to seal his covenant between us and Him. It is an incredible day whether it is a long and hard or short and easy. Though it may be very easy to forget, it is His day. 

Like the saying/children's song goes(which my Dad used to wake me up every morning singing when I was a lot younger): This is the day the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.


I really hope that I remember that for the rest of eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment