Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A little encouragement

I heard an old Michael Card song today that really struck me,so I had to write this here. It really encouraged me today.It might not mean as much to you, but I hope everyone can get something from it if God wants them too.

Psalm 139


- LORD, You have searched me and known me.

You know when I sit down and when I stand up;

You understand my thoughts from far away.

You observe my travels and my rest;

You are aware of all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue,

You know all about it, LORD.

You have encircled me;

You have placed Your hand on me.



[This] extraordinary knowledge is beyond me.

It is lofty; I am unable to [reach] it.



Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?

Where can I flee from Your presence?



If I go up to heaven, You are there;

if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.

If I live at the eastern horizon

[or] settle at the western limits,

even there Your hand will lead me;

Your right hand will hold on to me.



If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me,

and the light around me will become night" —



even the darkness is not dark to You.

The night shines like the day;

darkness and light are alike to You.

For it was You who created my inward parts;



I will praise You,

because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful,

and I know [this] very well.

My bones were not hidden from You

when I was made in secret,

when I was formed in the depths of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment