Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weak...

I often get the feeling that I am useless. 

With all my faults and quirks, it seems like I'm one of those  vessels which were mentioned in 2 Timothy 2:20.

 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble.



Even with my friends telling how much they care about me daily and  hearing how much Christ is in love with me, I'm insecure,emotional...a wreck.


As a man I feel like I should be in control of myself. 


I often find that I tear up at times when others don't. I take offense at the silliest things and find it hard to be glad for how God made me.


For Christmas I received a handmade shirt with a quote by Hudson Taylor:

All God's giants have been weak men
who did great things for God
because they reckoned on 
God being with them

--Hudson Taylor


I believe that quote to be true. The Beloved is showing this more and more each day. From the diagnosis of a good friend Paul Pavao  with leukemia to  the accident that happened to Steve Saint, both in this past year. Not including the history of "flawed" individuals that were mightily wielded because they found their worth in Christ.

2 Corinthians 12:9 is a great verse to remember (I'll take note of it for later! :-] )

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
-NLT 


I leave you with Philippians 3:8 as a closing thought

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.

May we all gain Christ together!



No comments:

Post a Comment